Located in the heart of the Dong Da district is a historic with outstanding value with features not a temple, communal house or temple that a mound but a rise between the crowded residential areas to live.
Dong Da hillock festival usually held on the 5 th annual Lunar New Year. That is the anniversary of Battle of Ngoc Hoi – Dong Da, Tay Son insurgent army rout of the Qing troops invaded in the late 18th century. Dong Da hillock on now Tay Son street, street names are named after the Tay Son insurgent army, under Quang Trung Ward, Hanoi. Where the ancient land of Khuong Thuong village, Quang Duc district, the Thuan Thien palace. All the area of Dong Da hill is a famous battle where the battle of kings Quang Trung – Nguyen Hue.
Morning of 5th of January the year of the Cock(on 30 – 01 – 1789), taking advantage of the subjectivity of the enemy, King Quang Trung came straight to Thang Long troops to liberate the capital city from the invading Qing troops. A direction by the army by Dang Tien Dong admirals directly commanded created the “Dragon Fire” battle with thousands of thousands of oil soaked straw bundles of people in Khuong Thuong response, wipe out to annihilate Qing troops in Khuong Thuong military post opened the way for the Tay Son army from Ngoc Hoi liberate Thang Long entered the peach blossom season.
Sam Dong Nghi – rebel leader- is afraid to hang up the suicide scene on Oc mountain (Loa Son), but its location is near the Boc pagoda now. After winning rushing of the Tay Son insurgent army, liberated Thang Long, determined enemy dead on the streets of sprawling everywhere. King Quang Trung to collect the identified and classified into 12 piles, high up on a hill called “Kinh Nghe Quan” (burial mound evil enemy as orca on the sea) show of victories of our people and warnings hitting the invasion robbery. 12 garbage mound is located prize from Thinh Quang village to Nam Dong village in an area once known as “Dong Da country “, on the mound of luxuriant trees have grown up and form a mound called Dong Da. In 1851, by the way, open markets, digging many places that there are many remains of the enemy, for collection in a hole high up the connects with Xua mountain, a secondary mound mound 13 that is left now. 12 old scattered mounds were leveled in 1890 after French open Hanoi and unpatriotic Vietnamese Hoang Cao Khai occupied land for set up Thai Ha hamlet.”
The occasion of 200 years of winning Ngoc Hoi – Dong Da, in 1989, Dong Da cultural park was established on the basis of Dong Da hill area. These are buildings of historic culture to remember the grace of the hero Quang Trung – Nguyen Hue. The work is divided into two areas, including the monument area, exhibitors and hills overlooking the city area, called Dang Tien Dong, who commanded the battle Khuong Thuong station and plays an important role, power arm King Quang Trung in battle Qing invading forces.
Dong Da hill near an ancient temple called “Sung Phuc Tu” or known folk as Boc pagoda with the implications of refuge for the souls killed, the corpse was revealed outside the after a brief battle of the Tay Son. The lake is located in the front yard of the temple is called “Elephant Pool ” associated with the story of the Tay Son elephant team after defeating the Khuong Thuong station had to shower here. The temple also has statues of Monsignor rear engraved after the seat of “Horse year create Quang Trung statue”. People believe that’s how Khuong Thuong village showing devotion and worship the king Quang Trung – Nguyen Hue under the monsignor.
Every year, the 5th day of Lunar New Year, Hanoi people join in Dong Da hillock festival , as incense to commemorate the victories of a hero Quang Trung – Nguyen Hue and festival is feature to enjoy the spring dispensable of Hanoi people. Dong Da hill – a glorious remnant of the nation in battle against Qing troops invaded. The vestige is testament to the traditions of my country in war fighting to protect the country, a valuable monument in the heart of Hanoi.